Origin and history
BeMSA, the Belgian Medical Students’ Association, is an organization founded and incorporated in IFMSA in 2009.
IFMSA, an international organization recognized by the UN and the World Health Organization as a governing body for all medicine students in the world, was founded in 1951 and unites the student organizations of more than 100 nations spread across six continents.
In 2016, a reform took place within the board of BeMSA VUB. It was decided to take over the structure within the board of IFMSA. Below you can find a summary of the 6 different Standing Committees as well as the projects they organize.
- SCOPE (Standing Committee on Professional Exchange)
- SCORE (Standing Committee on Research Exchange)
- SCOPH (Standing Committee on Public Health)
- Basic Life Support
- Heart 4 Life
- Teddy Bear Hospital
- SCORP (Standing Committee on Human Rights & Peace)
- SCORA (Standing Committee on Reproductive Health including HIV/AIDS)
- The Stigma Challenge
- Aids Quiz
- SOS (Seksuele educatie op school)
- SCOMI (Standing Committee on Medical Education)
- Meet your doctor
The board of BeMSA VUB consists of general members, sympathizers and local officers who are each responsible for a standing committee. Below you can find the layout within the board of BeMSA VUB:
Gaël De Backer
General board members
Ines Johri, Charlotte De Geyter, Elise Métens, Rafael Kneuts, Sam Van Hove, Melissa De Henau, Isaline Demarcin, Wannes Meskens, Tessa Lombaerts, Nouhaïla Abbib, Aymane Youssoufi